Bunnell’s flagship program has earned a national profile over 25+ years of innovation and excellence. A new exhibit opens the first Friday of every month with a public reception and artist talk. A community tradition, exhibitions promote education and engagement about Alaska’s artistic heritage and diversity. Solo exhibits nurture and promote Alaska’s mid-career artists.
Calls for Applications for the Visual Art Exhibition program run September 1 through October 31 annually. Applications from Alaska artists in all media and formats including solo, group and interdisciplinary arts are welcome. Work need not be for sale. The exhibit application must include a cover letter (expressing the exhibit plan and preferred date), artist statement, resume and five images of recent work representing the exhibit intention. The application opens on September 1st annually. Apply here. Questions may be sent to Artistic Director, Asia Freeman: email@example.com
Bunnell’s third year of Community Supported Art continue into 2022. Artists are selected by panel and are paid $1000 upfront to create 30 unique pieces of artwork to be included in 30 CSA shares. Learn more by viewing 2021’s CSA share.
Our CSA program fortifies the soil of a strong creative economy in partnership with artists and collectors. Apply here.
Call opens October 1 and closes October 31; Notification by January 1.
Artwork due May 1; CSA shares will go on sale June 1.
- Six artists of varied media will be juried into the CSA by a panel of peers.
- Invited artists will each be paid $1000 total to provide 30 multiples.
- Items for this CSA must fit in a 10” x 10” x 5” pasteboard box
- This invitation is limited to Homer-area artists (Ninilchik and south).
- This invitation is open to visual artists, writers and musicians.
- Online application must be complete by submitting artists.
-Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org