The 6th annual Community Supported Art (CSA) program announces 2023’s call for proposals from October 1-31st. Homer emerging artists are encouraged to apply to create 30 unique pieces of art to be included with the work of five other artists in a 10 x 10 x 5” box that goes on sale June 1, 2023.
Six local emerging artists are selected by competitive application based on quality, contrast and compatibility for the CSA collection. Each of the thirty boxes, or “shares,” includes one piece from each CSA artist. Participating artists are paid upfront for the 30 small works – providing a guaranteed market to each artist.
Benefits of the CSA program for Artists include:
- Gallery support and guaranteed revenue for the creation of their work.
- Establish relationships with collectors, local artists, and Homer’s art community.
- Participate in a new model of art distribution.
Benefits of the CSA program for Collectors include:
- Receive multiple works from local artists at a fantastic value.
- Develop relationships with local artists and Homer’s art community.
- Discover new artists and explore a variety of disciplines.
- Support local artists’ careers and a vibrant community.
Applications accepted October 1-31 annually. Artists are asked to provide 1-3 working concepts or examples for consideration and reflect on why they’d like to participate in the program. Semi-finalists will be asked to provide a prototype by December 1. All thirty pieces of art are due to Bunnell Street Arts Center by May 1, 2023. Shares go on sale June 1.
Additional questions can be directed to B.lee@BunnellArts.org
The CSA program is supported by sales and membership donations.