What is a CSA? Over the last 20 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way to buy seasonal food directly from local farms. With the same buy-local spirit in mind, Community Supported Arts is a similar endeavor to support local art, artists and collectors. It’s been replicated in over thirty cities in North America over the past five years. This is Bunnell’s 4th annual CSA and the first to partake in Alaska. Alaska’s first art CSA was begun in 2018 by Bunnell’s Board of Directors to connect emerging artists with a community of collectors. Each CSA “share” includes a collection of small works by various Homer artists. Shares go on sale June 1, annually. For Bunnell Arts 2021 CSA, six emerging local artists from Homer were selected by competitive application. The artists were selected based on quality, contrast and compatibility for the CSA collection. Each artist created 30 shares for the CSA boxes. Each artist is paid upfront for the works -a guaranteed market. This stipend assists with the upfront production and labor of the art. Each share includes one piece from each of the CSA featured artists. Benefits of the CSA program for Artists include:
- Gallery support and guaranteed revenue for the creation of their work
- Establish relationships with the local artists and art community
- Participate in the launch of an exciting new model of art and distribution
Benefits of the CSA program for Members include:
- Receive multiple works from local artists at a fantastic value!
- Develop relationships with the local artists and art community
- Discover new artists and explore a variety of disciplines
- Support local artists’ careers and a vibrant community
Notification by Jan 1.
Artwork due May 1; CSA shares go on sale June 1.
- Six locals artists of varied media will be juried into the CSA by a panel of peers.
- Invited artists will each be paid $750 total to provide 30 multiples.
- Items for this CSA must fit in a 10” x 10” x 5” pasteboard box.
- This invitation is limited to Homer-area artists (Ninilchik and south).
- This invitation is open to visual artists, writers, and musicians.
- Online application form is provided below.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com