Application deadline: June 7 (open until filled)
How to apply: please send a resume and letter of interest to Bunnell Street Arts Center | 106 W Bunnell STE A | Homer, AK 99603 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job title: Gallery Assistant (Seasonal: June 7 – Sept 30)
Job Description 2019: The Gallery Assistant is part of a small, dynamic team of staff, board and volunteers that work to carry out Bunnell’s mission and programs, including a thriving gallery and visitor experience. This position is a temporary, part-time position of 16 hours / week, (primarily weekends) from June 1 to September 30. Pay is dependent on experience. The Gallery Assistant reports to Bunnell’s Executive Director and helps implement the artistic vision set forth by Bunnell’s Artistic Director.
· Hosts Bunnell’s front desk on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and one afternoon mid-week. Conducts art sales, ticket sales, program registration, membership, shipping & handling. Answers the phone and directs general inquiries.
· Keeps gallery, office, & storage areas clean, organized, labeled, stocked, and displayed under the direction of the Artistic Director. Schedules gallery volunteer hosts. Creates gallery labels, front desk registration forms, tickets as needed. Maintains front desk calendars.
· Assists to maintain Bunnell’s Square Point-of-Sale system and Online Store with current art and tickets under direction of Bunnell staff. Keeps online store current with a selection of available artwork. Assists Bunnell staff to run quarterly inventory.
· Assists in set-up, installation, hosting, de-installation, and documentation of programs. May host occasional evening programs with other staff.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Must be willing and able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday), and other hours as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrates knowledge of Bunnell’s mission, values and programs.
· Shows attention to artistic detail and a deep commitment to contemporary art.
· Experience in retail operations (Square) and customer service.
· Excellent organization, communication and sales skills.
· Ability to work flexibly with a diverse team of staff, board and constituents.
· skills in Square, MS word, MS Excel, general computer and tablet proficiency.
· Experience working in a non-profit or arts center preferred.