Happy to have land owners, business owners, planning technician – Julie Engebretsen, and surveyor – Kenton Bloom, at this last meeting!
Immediate action plan, 1 Year:
- 15 Speed Limit Zoning
- Removable Speed Bump(s)
- E. Bunnell and Beluga Pl pavement widening
- E. Bunnell and Beluga Pl traffic lane shift, to north and east respectively
- Designating remaining space on south side of E. Bunnell and west side of Beluga to a walking and biking space
- Addition of three cross walks, and appropriate signage
- Pedestrian and biking signage
- Speed limit signage
- Bishop’s Beach parking lot paved, and lined
- ALL WHO CAN, please attend the next City Hall meeting on May 13th to advocate for these actions. Time will be allowed towards the tail end of the meeting, during the time for audience comments
Currently cooking on the stove:
- Continuing to engage all of Old Town property owners, Please help spread the word!
- Bike Club connection
- Neighborhood Association Modeling research
- Consider traveler maps for Old Town, geared for pedestrians
- Waiting approval for June 10th Old Town City Council presentation
On May 29th, I will be installing a more formalized series of Old Town development visions in Bunnell’s exhibition space. This will be an opportunity to publicize our developing discussions! They will be up from May 29th-June 3rd! During those five days, make sure to come in, catch up and discuss!
Next meeting’s agenda, May 30th, 5pm @ Bunnell:
- What are our resources? Did Bunnell get the ArtPlace funding which supports Creative Placemaking in Old Town?
- Real 20 year vision parking solutions which establish a healthy balance between the Gateway’s parking need and our existing natural environment. Consider on-street parking plan and small lot developments.
- Discuss new park additions and changes in traffic flow
Thank you to everyone who came last night! Thank you for your valuable participation and your commitment to mindfully developing our beautiful Old Town!
Hope to see even more of you on May 30th, 5pm, here at Bunnell.
Best, Brianna Allen, Old Town and Bunnell Development Coordinator
PS, Last night I dreamt we elevated all of Old Town by 20 stories, built a mote around it, and made it only accessible by swaying walking wire bridges! Oh My!