Presentation on Artist in Residence Program in Skovde Kulturhus, Sweden
Informational reception with Skövde residency representatives Wednesday, October 30, 5 pm at Bunnell.
AIR Skovde Kulturhus, Sweden explores residency collaboration with Bunnell –Alaska’s artists are invited to apply!
Southwestern Sweden, about 90 minutes driving from the major city of Gothenburg. The residency is based on a dialogue between the artist and the local community and invites artists who work with participatory, engaged, and critical practices outside of the museum walls. Suggested themes are, but not limited to; post-colonialism, democracy, the environment, migration, voice and ownership.
AiRS (Artist in Residence Skövde offers
- Curatorial dialogue on a weekly basis upon arrival in Sweden
- AiRS encourages and will assist in facilitating community engagement including access to a small network of local artists
- Visit the International artist-run Art Fair Supermarket in Stockholm
- Access equipment; projectors, speakers, simple recording device (subject to availability)
- A limited production budget (must be billed to, and pre-approved by the Art Museum)
- International travel to and from the residency (economy class)
- 8 weeks accommodation and studio space in a small studio apartment
- Personal grant of 25 000 SEK (about US $2500)
- Public transportation pass and a bicycle
- Swedish SIM card and Wi-Fi in the studio apartment
The AiRS studio apartment is located on the second floor of a newly renovated building from 1862, situated in a courtyard across the street from the Art Museum. An analog graphic print studio, gallery and art school are also located next door. The Skövde Cultural Centre houses the Art Museum, the public library, a theatre, a cinema and a restaurant/bar/café, all in the very center of the city.